Monday, November 19, 2007

Ha Long Bay

Yesterday we drove 4 hours from Hanoi to Ha Long bay and hopped on the boat for our overnight cruise. Since we've been pretty go-go-go for most of the trip, it was nice to relax for a change. Ha Long Bay is really interesting because it's pretty much mountain tops rising out of the water. They're really cool looking, even in the hazy weather we had. On the ship, there was this playful little kitten roaming around. Apparently she's part of the crew and her job is the mouser. She's probably spolied rotten (or at least was during our overnight cruise) because I played with her a bit and she got some of the fish we had for dinner. She then thought she had the go-ahead to climb on the table but we quickly put a stop to that.
Tonight we're going to see a traditional water puppet show. Then tomorrow I'll walk around the old part of Hanoi and fly out the following day! It feels like it was so long ago that I was back in the states and at work. I'm looking forward to that Thanksgiving dinner!!
No photos today because this computer doesn't like my camera. It's also probably my last post -so I'll see you all state-side!

No comments: